Monday 23 March 2009

Fashion show






On friday night I went to the second year Fashion and textiles show. The tickets, posters and catalogues were all designed by Claire, Millie and me and took AGES! It was good to have a live brief that was outside of our uni work, and a steep learning curve in terms of having a paying client and printing litho. The idea behind it was mix and match, and we took inspiration from books you get as a child full of characters and cut into 4 sections so you can flip a section over and make a policeman have a ballerina's legs, for example. The poster doubles up as the catalogue (money saving ideas!) We took the photos ourselves, in the most hectic and last minute photo shoot ever, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. We plan to screen print some posters and make some books to go with it. Photos aren't amazing but I'll get proper ones up when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment