Tuesday 16 June 2009

V&A



I went up to the V&A and the Natural History Museum yesterday (I gave myself another day off!) I'd forgotten how much I love the V&A. You end up wondering into strange rooms with amazing things in them that you've never been into before even though you've been into the museum dozens of times. I spent hours looking round the fashion and jewellrey (unfortunately no photos allowed). These are photos from the Medieval rooms, which were partially closed with people moving things around. This isn't really my thing normally, but I loved this room because it was so tightly packed and obviously hasn't changed for decades. Also those columns are pretty impressive! One thing I will miss about the UK when I got to America: free entry to museums. Being at the V&A or the British museum is the closest I get to being 'proud to be British'... until I remember that most of the contents have been pilfered from other countries....

No comments:

Post a Comment