Sunday 2 May 2010

Quilts



I went up to London on Saturday for my Mum's birthday and went to the Quilts exhibition at the V&A. It was good to get in touch with my inner granny and coo at all the stitching and patterns with my mum. No need to pretend to be a cool designer here! Although having said that it was a really interesting exhibition with really odd signage, which I really like. It didn't make me regret not doing a degree in textiles though, which I was worried about. My own quilts are coming on ok, and I feel inspired now to try and introduce some graphic element into my next quilt project. I'm thinking strict geometric shapes and abstract patterns. Basically the opposite to the very laura ashley type things I'm working on at the moment. I'm so excited to start! I wish they didn't take years to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment