Thursday 16 July 2009

Pentagram












































































I'm not just in New York to sightsee! We came out here to do an internship and also to complete a research project which has been funded by CETLD at Brighton University. This involves interviewing working professionals in the field of graphic design and illustration as well as teachers and students at design schools. The website and blog will explain it better. 
So far we have met some extraordinary people. Yesterday we had the opportunity to speak to Michael Beruit at Pentagram, have lunch with the staff and then listening to a presentation of some of the things they have been working on recently. 
I found the experience inspiring and informative and I have certainly come away with a lot. The project has really made me think more about myself and my education and my future as a designer, and it's made me excited and impatient to go back to University and do some good work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment