Thursday 16 July 2009

Sea Port





We went to the bodies exhibition today in Sea Port. I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped I'd be. There was a really interesting section on blood where they had managed to show the circulatory system complete - without muscles or bones. And there was a slightly disturbing room on babies and fetuses... I think I left feeling more uneasy than enlightened.
Sea Port on the other hand was amazing. It looked like a little toy Victorian town just plonked under all these skyscrapers. All the red brick houses and decking and painted signs looked nice but a little contrived. We found an amazing stationers called Browne & Co which had a letterpress studio in the back of the shop and made the most gorgeous stationary. I dont even want to think about how much I spent...

No comments:

Post a Comment