Tuesday 10 November 2009

Asronomy

It's so nice to get really excited about a project, which I am at the moment, which means obsessive research and late night working. It is so much fun, as opposed to the occasional project that seems like a chore. Anyway, I've been looking through all my old books and archives for stuff for this new project. The band we're doing the cover for are from Iceland so I was researching their seasons, because it's in the arctic circle they get total darkness for a few weeks in winter, 24 hour sun in summer as well as beautiful clear night skies and of course the northern lights. I came across this old children's atlas which has a section on astronomy, which is really interesting and has some lovely diagrams. It's so refreshing to read about things like this which aren't necessarily part of your every day conscious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment