Wednesday 24 February 2010

West Pier

The West Pier is being torn down, which makes me sad. I took a lot of photos of it when I first moved here, including this one which came out looking like a ghost. I was using a very old camera that I was convinced was broken but I decided to take a roll of film anyway, just to check. They all came out looking like this. I think it looks cool, especially given the subject. I am not best pleased with Brighton and Hove council for tearing down one of the most unusual (and my personal favourite) landmarks. I hear they are replacing it with some statue that lights up. Call me stupid but I'd have thought there'd be better things to spend money on, and more important issues to address, than an old pier that's in no one's way and is actually pretty iconic. I could rant for hours. But I wont. As soon as it stops raining I will go take some photos before it's gone. (click on the image to see it larger). 

1 comment: